Friday, March 23, 2007

Woof


I have pretty strict criteria when its comes to what I allow Booker to wear or what I like to decorate his room/stuff with.

I try to avoid sports, much to Clark's chagrin, because I don't know what type of sports he likes yet. Plus I'm hoping he's more of the academic type than the athletic type.

There are always cars and trucks, but too often the cars are of the Nascar variety and that is a big no-no. Cute teddy bears are right out, along with anything powder blue.

This leaves dinosaurs and puppy dogs. Oh, and sharks. I like sharks. Booker has two pairs of shark PJs. But I especially like puppy dogs, as long as they aren't too cutesy.

So here's my not-so-cutesy, not-powder-blue puppy dog for Booker.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it quite yet. His walls are already covered in things that meet my standards. I was thinking of making it into a series. Owls that HOOT. Dinosaurs that ROAR. Sharks that ...? We'll see.

(I do make exceptions to my clothing rules when it comes to hand-me-downs. We LOVE hand-me-downs. Keep 'em coming.)

3 comments:

KrumperKids said...

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite blogs. We might need to commission something for the KrumperKids.

Grandma Jan said...

I remember feeling the same way about sports stuff for my baby boys, though I guess if I'd been psychic, I would have known to decorate Andrew's room with basketball stuff. Lucky Booker, to have a mom who's nourishing his creativity right from the beginning!

Petra said...

Awesome. Sharks bite, by the way. You should make him lots of posters of big, biting sharks. That won't scar him for life.