Monday, May 14, 2007

Last Post Ever



But not really.

Jacob tagged me, so here's my task:

"We're gonna pretend the entire Blogosphere is coming to an end! You have the opportunity to make one last post. A chance to summarize your blog, leave people with one last gem, whatever. What do you say?"

Hmmmmm. This makes me anxious, but I thought about it anyway because the last thing I want to do is disappoint Jacob :)

I flipped through my sketchbooks and my portfolio to post something totally awesome, something really beautiful, something mind-blowing. But really, the best thing I've ever created was Booker (I know, really, really cheesy- but true).

He's been so much fun lately. Like tonight, Clark and I kept throwing ourselves onto the bed really hard and Booker kept copying us and laughing, laughing laughing as he did it. He thought that was the best trick ever. Sometimes he'll just become captivated with one toy. He throw the toy a few feet and then talk to it as he scoots over to it. Then pick it up and throw it again. He can do this up and down and all over the house for a long time. Yesterday, he kept biting Clark's arm and then growling really loud. He knew this was funny to us, but didn't break character once.

Sometimes I can't wait for him to grow up just so I can see what type of person he'll be. But most of the time, I can wait. I have a pretty good idea of what type of person he'll be. He'll be easy-going, unless he's tired or hungry (just like his mom) and then he'll be a little terror. He'll talk your ear off (just like his dad), but he'll listen to you as well. And overall, he'll be full of cheer and enthusiasm for everyone and everything (toys and animals included).

So there you are, world (or rather, Blogosphere). My last hurrah- my little boy. The best hurrah of all, in my humble opinion.

Alright, phew. Almost done. I have to tag some more people because that's how it works. Lets hear from Purple Petra and The Singers because I don't feel quite so guilty about bugging them and Indonesia and Ghana are cool places.

2 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

May I just say that I'm glad that the title of this post is deceptive. I enjoy checking out "Little Red" as I begin my school day, and I would miss it a lot if this truly were "The Last Post."

Anonymous said...

He is your best creation, I have to agree but as he is a group effort (ok a group of 2, Clark and you) I think you should have to answer the question again asking what your single solo creation is-- the drawings of Clark that obviously resulted in Booker?