Saturday, February 2, 2008

Blech


Clark and I usually take turns getting up with Booker on the weekends, so at least one of us can sleep in. This morning, however, was a two-parent kind of morning.

When I walked into Booker's room, I didn't have to see him to know that something was terribly wrong. The SMELL coming out of that kid's crib was so disgusting it kicked my morning sickness into full gear. Sometime during the night (I'm thinking immediately after he went down at 7 PM) Booker had thrown up an entire day's worth of food... and then, quite contently, he slept in it.

When I picked him up and walked him to the shower, he left a trail of partially digested pasta, hot dogs and raisins along the way. He cried because I had to pry chunks of dried food out of his hair. It was so fowl... why, oh why did I ever decide to have children?

Later on, Booker threw up again while sitting in a shopping cart at Costco. He did it discreetly and before I knew it, he had smeared it all over his shirt and jeans. Needless to say, he wasn't allowed to have any more samples.

Anyways, I hope his little bug doesn't last any longer than today. If it does, I'll need to find some chewable phenergan because I just can't deal with vomit that is not my own.

4 comments:

Dan and Jan said...

I'm sorry, but that was funny. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, though. Boy, am I glad that is not a scratch-n-sniff photo.

Dan

Cassie said...

Lexi's flu lasted about 3 days. Just make sure not to give him milk (that pushes the vomit button on babies. We learned that the hard way) and you can buy apple juice and pedialyte to keep him hydrated.

-Cassie

KrumperKids said...

Don't do apple juice--then it comes out the other direction, and that won't be good for your gag reflex.
-Aunt Jeanne

Petra said...

I think you just discouraged me from ever having children.