Friday, April 4, 2008

Ultrasound


We had our ultrasound this morning and I swear, it was exactly like the ultrasound I had with Booker two years ago. The baby is in breech position (which is no big deal at this point) but combine that with a tilted uterus and uncooperative baby and you don't get great results. After about 15 minutes, the tech wasn't too hopeful about finding the gender. With Booker, they told us "maybe a boy, but don't buy anything" and made another ultrasound appointment for me in FOUR WEEKS. It was devastating.

Well, just as I was tearing up and preparing to wait another four weeks to find out the gender, the tech got the money shot. Clark saw it right away and then the two of them tried in vain to show me how obvious it was. I'll have to take their word.

She wasn't able to see everything (the heart and spine weren't too clear) so I get to come back in 4 weeks without the burden of not knowing the gender. Its ideal. I LOVE ultrasounds, especially when everything looks normal and healthy, and they can tell without a doubt that we're having a...

2 comments:

Dan and Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan and Jan said...

That was clever, Margaret. I got it right! Congratulations!