Friday, March 7, 2008

One of my Favorite Things...

Strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar.Don't knock it until you've tried it. Its to die for. Is this just a weird thing my mother made up when we were kids or has anyone else tried it before? I'm totally craving some right now.

Which reminds me of a somewhat related story. When I was pregnant with Booker I was desperately craving some of my Aunt Diane's Seafood Salad. I was going to die if I didn't get some. So I bought all the ingredients (which include imitation krab and a ton of mayonnaise) and set out to make some. I wanted it so badly I even made Clark go out at 8 o'clock at night to buy me a food processor because we didn't have one.

Well, I spent the evening in our tiny little Tempe apartment alternately cooking and running off to the toilet to puke from all the krab/mayo smell. I was pretty new to cooking so I overestimated how much I would need. In the end, we ended up with a ridiculous amount of Seafood Salad- like bowls and bowls of it... big bowls.

I took one bite and my craving was MORE than satisfied. And it turns out, Clark doesn't even like the stuff. For a few days, I was kind of irrationally angry with him for this (stupid pregnancy hormones) so he tried his best to eat some to make me happy. Luckily, we had a family gathering that Sunday and I was able to unload some of the Seafood Salad.

1 comment:

Spence said...

Your mom didn't make it up. Someone made me try it in Florida. It was delicious. Now I'm craving it too. Thanks!