Thursday, April 10, 2008

Under African Skies


Its official. The acceptance letter is in the mail and we're moving to Tucson. Its been quite a job search journey these past few years. I think Clark and I counted 32 interviews with various law firms and companies around the country since his first year in law school. That's 31 rejections- ouch! That doesn't even factor in the HUNDREDS of resumes and cover letters I personally assembled and mailed to different law firms (and all those rejections). I'm a little bitter that all my effort turned out to be such a waste of time... of paper... of postage.

But none of that matters anymore. We have so much to be excited about. I think the best thing about this job is that it forced me to pull out one of my all time favorite albums, Paul Simon's Graceland and give it a good listen to. Ever since Clark's first encounter with this Tucson firm, I've had Under African Skies on repeat in my brain. Specifically, the line

"I said take this child, Lord
From Tucson Arizona
Give her the wings to fly through harmony
And she wont bother you no more."

So as Clark continues to make my head spin with talk of car loans and mortgage payments, this is really what I'll be hearing...



A-oom-ba-oom-ba-oom-ba-Oooooooooooooh

1 comment:

Dan Evans said...

Cool song. I'm thrilled for you guys. From talking to Clark, the job and the firm sound great. Plus, Tucson is not that far away, especially when you were originally talking about living overseas or back East.

Congratulations!!