Sunday, October 14, 2007

Elmo's Halloween World


I know its a bit early for pumpkins but I couldn't help myself. You see, our only neighbors (we live on the corner) have gone WILD with Halloween decorations and I was worried I might offend them by not putting up anything at all. Their yard and driveway look like one of those Halloween stores that spring up in parking lots for the month of October. My favorite decoration of theirs is a human arm that is hanging out of the bed of their pick-up truck. Its creepy.

Every time I pull into my driveway and pass their house, I feel like I need to join with them in their decorating madness so they don't think I'm a Halloween Grinch. So last night, I drew out Elmo (I know, its hard to tell) on a pumpkin and put him proudly out on our driveway. Its too soon to carve it up, but I wanted to post some evidence that it did in fact exist because I'm 90% sure that when its carved, it will no longer look anything like Elmo.

Its nothing compared to our neighbors, but at least now trick-or-treaters will know that they can stop by our house for candy. Maybe one day when we have more money and, even less likely, when I can convince Clark that Halloween decorations are fun, we'll be even more festive.

Stay tuned over the next few weeks for photos of Booker's Halloween costume. We won't tell you what it is, but Booker's cousin Will Emmett knows because it used to belong to him. I'll just say that Booker loves it so much that when he finds it in his drawer, he brings it to me and begs me to put it on. Its awesome!

Here's our neighbor's yard...





No comments: