Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HAND OUT

Booker has a problem. He can't keep his hand out of his pants and its DRIVING ME NUTS. It started off out of habit, but now he does it just to bug me. I'm serious. When I catch him doing it and scream "HAND OUT," he pulls it out only to look me straight in the eye and pose his little hand at the edge of his diaper, threatening to plunge it back in. It is so infuriating. Now, he's even doing it in his sleep. Unbelievable.

I've tried dressing him in onesies, but I only have so many (two to be exact). I try yelling at him and smacking his hand, but it just makes him want to do it even more. We're this close to coating his hand in curry powder. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhys outgrew it eventually. I don't think we did anything in particular to stop him. I think it fits into the category of "things they stop doing before kindergarten." :)

Spence said...

I wouldn't have posted to this, but you asked for suggestions. Here it is: not curry powder, pickled jalapeno juice. My dad had a great story about it:

At a meeting for regional estate planning lawyers, one attorney brought out a a jar of pickled jalapeno peppers for everyone to snack on. I'm not sure why everyone was so willing to snack on jalapeno peppers, except that this is Arizona, and I'm sure the cockiness of attorneys fits in somewhere (And I love jalapenos, so I can't really criticize)

Anyhow, at a break, everyone made a run to the restroom. After everyone got back, the meeting resumed--for a few minutes anyways. As the meeting progressed, people started squirming in their seats. One-by-one, each on excused himself to the restroom again.

See, there's a certain amount of fishing and aiming that goes into the use of a urinal. Everyone had jalapeno juice on their hands, and the pickled jalapeno peppers took their toll.

The image as my dad described it is hilarious in my head. I can't shake the image of normally-composed lawyers--in the same room-- sinks running--junk out--washing--in suits. Talk about a lesson in humility.

The moral of the story: jalapeno juice--not curry powder ;-)

Anonymous said...

Have you seen's Hannah's blog with the picture of Uncle Lant asleep at the airport. He can't keep his hands out of his pants and he is a Harvard professor. So leave him alone. He'll outgrow it and if he doesn't, he'll be fine.

Dan and Jan said...

Onesies are a great idea, buy some more. DI has some. Good Luck!