Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Julia's Wedding

Here's my report on Julia's wedding- it was awesome! She was a beautiful bride, he was a handsome groom...
The sealing was wonderful and I felt really lucky to be there. I think Elder Bednar was originally slated to perform the sealing. I must have been the only one who didn't know about the change and didn't immediately recognize Elder Scott when he walked into the room. I had to run through the names of the quorum of the twelve before I realized who he was. How embarrassing. Here are the gal pals and my ONLY picture with Jen in it. I'm so mad at myself for not getting a photo of the two of us. Grrrr.
Here are all the pals and a better view of Julia's dress. Not pictured: the other bride who was sealed that day, who wore a hooded, fur-trimmed CAPE. It was awesome.Carly, Mel, Jules and I at the luncheon. Not pictured: Jen. I'll forgive her though since she was behind the scenes making sure everything went smoothly. Julia and David cutting THE COOLEST cake I've ever seen. Seriously, take a close look. Those are calla lilies running down the middle. I loved it. I thought it was a shame to cut it... that is, until I tasted it. It was so delicious- key lime with a marzipan fondant. YUM! Carly and I, sans our husbands for the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I love Clark & Booker but I really enjoyed hanging out as one of the girls again. I felt like I was back in high school. I ran into tons of old friends, teachers, bishops, etc. from Belmont. It was really fun to see the Clark family again. Honestly, I don't think I'd be where I am today if it weren't for their friendship. I'm so glad they've found such wonderful men to marry!

2 comments:

sherry said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun Marg. I hope my kids can have such great friends when they are teenagers. Hopefully their cousins can be good examples.(As soon as Book learns to keep his hands out of his pants, that is;)

Unknown said...

I'm somewhat glad you didn't get more pictures of me...I wasn't very happy with how my hair looked, nor the extra 15 lbs I've gained. But it was so fun to see you!